Real lemon water begins with fresh picked lemons, your favorite filtered water and a 24oz bottle. I prefer Blender Ball bottles because they are a quick clean, close tight, but any standard water bottle will do.
I Like Fresh Often
Last week, I journeyed out to the one of Arizona older fruit orchards. Formerly a University of Arizona citrus research center many years ago it is stocked with a plethora of citrus and olive trees. After collecting a lot (almost 200lbs) of fruit and a full bag of Meyers Lemons my quest was fulfilled. Total score! I did munch on every type of citrus picked form plentiful trees on the ride home. With such a surplus and a good friend there are limitless meals to infuse these flavors with!
I try to consume up to 72oz of water a day. You personal actual ounces varies by your body type and a ton of other factors. When training or hiking I try to consume more. Of course, I haven’t heard of anyone falling ill to too much water but heed any medical warnings.
Lemon water is great in the morning! Very stimulating and refreshing! On the earlier mornings that I need a little more of a kick I add Herbalife N-R-G Nature’s Raw Guarana Tea. The Aloe juice very soothing for your whole system.
Afternoon Cozy Solution
If it is cold out, a warm tea with fresh lemon juice is delicious. Hot is great! Warming up a fresh cup before bed is very pleasant and soothing. Let the juicing begin!
- 6 – 12 Lemons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Aloe Juice
- Filter water
- Ball Jar or similar to store lemon juice in
- # Meyer Lemons
- - 6 - 12 Lemons
- - Juicer
- - Cutting Board
- - Sharp Knife
- - Aloe Juice
- - Your favorite Filter water
- - Ball Jar or similar to store lemon juice in
- Morning Wake Up
- **Wash your fruit thoroughly.**
- 1> Cut the fruit into about 6 slices the long way. I suggest cutting off the rind but you can juice the whole fruit slices. I prefer juicing just fruit part.
- 2> Save the lemon juice in a jar with a lid or Tupperware. I love to use Kerr or Ball canning jars. They have a wide lid and they seal easily. Refrigerate.
- When you are ready to add your lemon juice to your fresh drink add up to two heaving teaspoons of lemon juice to your 24oz. drink container. Add a couple tablespoons of aloe juice and add water.
- Throw out the left over lemon juice after 3-4 days. Fresh fruit (and juices) expires quickly when no preservatives are present.
- If using the same blender bottle to gym bottle make sure to clean it after each use. Lemon juice grows bacteria quickly!